CAOS Resident Research Award
CAOS encourages Ophthalmology residents of Chinese descent to submit abstracts for this annual award. Applicant must be a current 3rd year resident in an accredited Ophthalmology residency program in the United States. The resident must be the first author of the submitted abstract. The recipient will present at the CAOS AAO Banquet Program held during the American Academy of Ophthalmology Meeting.
The application deadline date is September 29, 2017. Applications completed after this date will not be reviewed until the following year.
Applicant must be:
1. Current 3rd year resident in an accredited Ophthalmology residency program
2. Primary investigator or first author
3. Of Chinese descent
- Each abstract will be evaluated by members of the CAOS Scientific
Committee, blinded to name, authors, and residency program.
- The abstract may have been presented elsewhere.
- Each applicant may only submit one (1) abstract.
- Clinical and basic science research projects will be considered.
- The deadline for receipt of abstracts is September 29, 2017.
- The award winner must present during the CAOS AAO Banquet Program held
during the annual American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting.
Submissions should include:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Separate title page: including title, author names, academic affiliations, year of Ophthalmology residency and program, contact address and phone number, acknowledgements and financial disclosure.
3. Separate Abstract (with no authors, institutions, hospitals, etc.): Include purpose, study design, methods, results, and conclusions.
5. Figures (if applicable)
6. Tables (if applicable)
Please submit to email@example.com
|2006||R.V Paul Chan, MD||Weill Cornell Medical College|
|2012||Kristina Pao, MD||Wills Eye Institute|
|2013||Daniel Chao, MD, PhD||Bascom Palmer Eye Institute|
|2015||Luna Xu, MD||The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mt. Sinai|
|2016||Kai B. Kang, MD||University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary|